Connaught Resourcing is a health and social care recruitment agency who specialise in integrated urgent care services. We are partnered with an established Ambulance Service and NHS Foundation Trust recruiting for permanent Emergency Medical Dispatchers to join their Emergency Operations Centre on a full and part-time basis.
As an Emergency Medical Dispatcher, you will be the first point of contact for 999, handling inbound calls and radio messages from members of the public and healthcare professionals. Following set guidelines, you will provide advice to callers prior to the arrival of emergency medical assistance.
Out of hours shifts such as weekends and evenings will be included in the rota pattern.
Although full and part-time rotas are available you will need to dedicate yourself to a several weeks of full-time training followed by a mentoring period.
We are looking for Medical Emergency Dispatcher candidates who have the following:
- Experience in customer facing roles including care, call centre or customer service
- Retain composure in busy and stressful situations
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a high degree of literacy and have the ability to record information accurately and correctly
- Strong IT Skills
- Be able to learn new skills and receive feedback on your performance
Band 3 (£11.11 -£11.86) + unsocial hours allowances
In addition to an excellent salary our client can offer:
- Training and support from a dedicated in-house education team.
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Opportunity to join into the NHS Pension Scheme
- NHS Discounts on a wide range of goods and services
- Policies and working practices in place to promote positive work-life balance
Connaught Resourcing operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. Connaught Resourcing will carry out background checks including referencing and where required an Enhanced or Standard DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.