We are currently looking for an experienced Room Leader for a nursery school based in Coventry.
This role is offering the right person the choice of 38 hours a week over 4 days with one day off or 40 hours spread over 5 days. This school with is rating “Good” fooers a warm and friendly environment.
- Plan, prepare, record or document and implement the curriculum appropriately to meet the needs of all children in their care, through differentiation of tasks; be able to set clear targets, based on prior attainment, for children’s learning;
- Motivate and stimulate the children’s learning abilities, often encouraging learning through experience;
- Write and complete journals and trackers;
- To set up the Key Worker system within the room
- To oversee that the paperwork of the Key Workers remain up to date, including observations, assessments, journals and recording of each child’s progress in their trackers and that next steps are planned for
- To ensure that the health and safety of children and staff is maintained during all activities, both inside and outside the nursery/school;
- Assist with the development of children’s personal/social and language abilities;
- Provide a stimulating classroom environment, where resources can be
Relationship with Children
- Provide a warm, friendly and supportive atmosphere that is conducive to the social and emotional needs of the children within the class;
- Provide pastoral care and support to children and providing them with a secure environment to learn;
- Maintain good order and discipline amongst children, in accordance with the nursery’s behaviour policy;
- Be attentive to the special educational needs of pupils
Connaught Resourcing operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. Connaught Resourcing will carry out background checks including referencing and where required an Enhanced or Standard DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.