Connaught Resourcing are currently working with an established NHS 111 provider in Bedford who are looking to recruit permanent Health Advisors within their NHS 111 Services on a full and part-time basis.
NHS 111 is a non-emergency telephone service providing patient’s advice on the most appropriate urgent care service they require. As a 111 Health Advisor, you will be the first point of contact, answering inbound calls from members of the public and health care professionals in need of medical advice and directing them to the most appropriate service.
Using the NHS Pathways software, you will ensure that all calls are answered promptly, accurately, and professionally in line with the performance standards. These calls could be escalated to a Clinical Advisor, an ambulance may be dispatched in the case of an emergency, or you may refer onto, or provide, information about other available services.
Out of hours shifts such as weekends and evenings may be included in the rota pattern.
Although full and part-time rotas are available you will need to dedicate yourself to a 5-week full-time training programme followed by 2 weeks of buddy training, which will be fully paid.
We are looking for 111 Health Advisor candidates who have the following:
- Experience in customer facing roles including care, call centre or customer service
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a high degree of literacy and have the ability to record information accurately and correctly
- Strong IT Skills
- Be able to learn new skills and receive feedback on your performance
Pay Rate (please note rates will increase after 6 months):
- Weekday – £10.42
- Weekday Evenings – £11.46
- Weekday Overnights – £13.03
- Weekends – £11.98
What 111 Health Advisor candidates will receive in return:
- Increase in salary after a 6-month period
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement of 25 days + bank holidays per year
- Flexible hours – working from home after 12 months
- Staff Recognition Scheme
- Discretionary Bonus Awards
- Investment in your Training and Development
- Excellent Career Progression Opportunities
- Be a part of Staff Forum and have your say
- Discount Schemes through Perkbox, Bluelight and NHS Discount Schemes – giving our staff access to over 200 financial perks such as discounts at major stores, cinema tickets and restaurants
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) which offers support and resources to help you with personal and work challenges and/or concerns that may affect your personal wellbeing and/or work performance. It is confidential and free to all colleagues
- Health and Wellbeing Group looking after colleagues’ health and wellbeing with various initiatives throughout the year
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV to Connaught Resourcing as soon as possible.
Connaught Resourcing operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. Connaught Resourcing will carry out background checks including referencing and where required an Enhanced or Standard DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.