Connaught Resourcing is a health and social care recruitment agency who specialise in NHS 111 and Integrated Urgent Care Services. We are partnered with an established Ambulance Service and NHS Foundation Trust recruiting for permanent Senior Clinical Advisors to form a core part of their Integrated Urgent Care Clinical Assessment Service (IUC CAS) at their sites in Newburn, Hebburn and Wynyard.
- Are you a Registered General Nurse or Paramedic looking for a full or part-time job?
- Are you looking for a new challenge in your clinical career and want to use your expert knowledge and skills to provide excellent care to patients through the specialised area of telephone and computer-based triage?
- Would you like to work in a supportive and dynamic environment with exceptional training and career progression opportunities?
In this role you will be responsible for carrying out clinical triage, using your clinical judgement, supported by NHS Pathways and other decision support systems across both NHS 111 and 999 services. You will be required to utilise generalist and specialist skills to assess callers across all age-groups, with a wide variety of clinical conditions; advising them on home care management, next steps and referring them on to further care when appropriate.
Working on the IUC CAS is a highly skilled and exciting role, which is extremely rewarding and gives you the opportunity to use and develop your assessment skills for a wide variety of patients and clinical presentations.
In order to qualify for this role, you must have the following:
- Registered with the appropriate regulatory body, e.g. as a Registered General Nurse, Paramedic Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Substantial clinical experience in a range of settings. Experience of working in a multi-professional/multi-agency environment
- Willing and able to participate in CDSS training if required. Commitment to Continuous Professional Development (CPD) and lifelong learning.
£35,392 to £42,618 per annum + unsocial hours allowance as per section 2 Agenda for Change:
- Evenings & Saturday: Time + 30%
- Sunday & Bank Holiday: Time + 60%
There are full and part time rotas available and the option for term-time only contracts.
You are required to attend 4 weeks of full time training as part of this role. The training consists of class-room based training followed by a mentoring period (further information available at interview).
Our client offers the following benefits:
- Training and support from a dedicated in-house education team.
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Competitive salaries in line with the NHS Terms and Conditions of Service
- 27 days annual leave on joining
- Membership to the NHS Pension scheme
- Access to occupational health and counselling support services
- Free parking at most Trust sites
- LGBTQ+, BAME, Disability, and Women’s staff networks
- Discounted car-lease scheme
- Access to the Blue Light Card discount scheme for a wide range of goods and services
- Access to home electronics scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Policies and working practices in place to promote positive work-life balance
- Access to training, CPD, Clinical Supervision and assistance with Revalidation
To apply, please submit your CV via the advertisement or contact Liam at Connaught Resourcing as soon as possible.
Connaught Resourcing operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. Connaught Resourcing will carry out background checks including referencing and where required an Enhanced or Standard DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.