Health Advisor – NHS 111 Service
Location – Whiteley, near Fareham (11 Miles from Portsmouth, 13 miles from Southampton)
PART – TIME (different contracts available)
Our client provides quality Primary Healthcare services across the county. As a not for profit social enterprise, they have a commitment to high standards, a proactive approach towards patient care and to achieving the delivery of a patient focused service.
We are seeking professional, enthusiastic, well-motivated individuals to join their team of Health Advisors, supporting the provision of the NHS111 service to thousands of users.
- Are you looking for a new challenge and want to be part of an exciting team where
your role makes a difference?
- Are you looking for weekend / evening working hours?
- Do you have a passion for caring?
- Do you have the ability to build a rapport with people over the telephone?
- Do you want to be part of a team that makes a difference?
With the ability to work flexibly Out of Hours, applicants must possess excellent interpersonal/communication skills and have the ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure. Duties will include taking telephone calls from members of the public with urgent medical needs using agreed protocols. Experience of working in a health care or call centre setting would be desirable. Bank holiday working (including the Christmas and New Year period) is a requirement of the position. Successful applicants must be proficient in the use of IT with good keyboard skills. A minimum of 4 GCSEs grade C (or equivalent) to include English and Maths is essential, as is experience of working as part of a team.
You will need to complete full NHS Pathways and system training to enable you to successfully undertake this role.
Health Advisors will be required to:-
- Work evenings, weekends (Out of Hours Period), including working 3 out of 4 weekends and 6 out of 8 bank holidays.
- Demonstrate previous experience in a care, customer service or call centre environment
- Possess excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Learn new skills and receive feedback on your performance.
The client is able to offer:-
- Competitive Salary
- Generous holiday entitlement (25 days)
- Caring, supportive and fun employer
- Flexible working hours to achieve the right work/life balance
- Being part of supportive & innovative team with scope for progression
- Excellent facilities – brand new clean and bright offices
- Employee voice
If you are successful you must be available full time for 3 weeks to complete the required training, which will take place in Whiteley. A further 3 weeks will be required, full time, for supervised practise. After this you will go to your Part-time contracted hours.
To be considered for this position, please send your CV in the first instance.
Connaught Resourcing operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. Connaught Resourcing will carry out background checks including referencing and where required an Enhanced or Standard DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.