Our client is an established provider of high quality integrated urgent care services in partnership with the NHS. Presently, they have an exciting opportunity to join them as a permanent Call Handler.
As a Call Handler your role is vital as the first point of contact for their patients. A kind and empathetic person, you will be expected to take control and be accountable of the given situation, providing patients with respect and confidence in our clients ability to deliver a great and caring service. As an integral team member, you will efficiently manage patient calls, keeping them informed as to the progress and liaising with your duty team leader as appropriate to ensure a seamless and first-class service is delivered!
Evenings and Overnights – Monday to Thursday ranges from 23:59pm – 08:00am/ 15.00pm – 23:00pm
Weekends and Bank Holidays: Overnights.
- Book patients into Primary Care Centre appointments
- Monitor the electronic booking system and liaise with the duty team leader to prioritise workload
- Deal with enquiries in a helpful, respectful and courteous manner
- Patient sensitivity and confidentiality is paramount
- Perform specific duties as required by the duty team leader to ensure efficient systems are in place for the maintenance of all records in accordance with statutory and company procedures
- Comfort calling of patients in accordance with comfort calling policy
- Ensure all correspondence matters are efficiently processed
- Working as a team player to support colleagues as necessary
Skills and Experience:
- Experience within roles where customer service was paramount is highly desirable
- Be able to work efficiently, ensuring the appropriate appointments are made within targeted time frames
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be able to demonstrate great customer service
- Display sensitivity and empathy with people from different backgrounds and in different situations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to exercise judgement when dealing with patient enquiries/problems
- Computer literate with experience of Microsoft office or other databases
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high calibre partner of the NHS that offer vital integrated urgent care services across the region.
The successful applicant will receive competitive rates of pay, job security and lots of ongoing professional development and training.
To apply for the position please submit your CV to Liam at Connaught Resourcing as soon as possible.
Connaught Resourcing operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. Connaught Resourcing will carry out background checks including referencing and where required an Enhanced or Standard DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.