Connaught Resourcing are a Health and Social Care recruitment agency are currently supporting an established Telecare provider in Cheadle who are looking to recruit a permanent Customer Call Operator on a full-time basis.
As a Customer Call Operator, you will be required to deliver an Outstanding Technology Enabled Care and Out of Hours Support Service to end users and corporate clients through effective call handling, following procedures and demonstrating empathy and appropriate care to vulnerable customers 24/7/365.
- Respond to and prioritise alarms including calls that are emergency in nature, (including life critical and ASB) generated by the Telecare Monitoring System, contacting appropriate agencies when necessary. Decision making following appropriate guidelines & procedures and understanding the consequences of actions taken.
- Using fact finding and problem-solving skills to log, assign and pass on repairs calls using the appropriate client repairs system / databases.
- Ensuring appropriate records are accurate, relevant, and up to date using the appropriate system, dealing with sensitive data in line with GDPR.
- Communicating to both internal and external contacts and keeping Next of Kin and managers etc., informed and signposting in line with relevant legislation.
- Seek to resolve matters affecting the provision of service, complaints, misuse or problems with service at the first point of contact, escalating as appropriate.
- Responsible for completion of a range of administrative tasks within an allocated timeframe.
- Responsible for ensuring attendance at relevant training, proactively developing self and acting as a buddy to mentor new colleagues.
- Support service delivery for other teams both internally & externally as required.
- Use knowledge of products and services available to recommend a solution where appropriate.
Hours & Salary:
Shift pattern is an average of 35-hour week rota, on a rolling 8-week pattern this includes a mix of early/ late and night shifts and 50% of weekend working.
This will also be 50% hybrid work so the successful candidate will need to have a stable and reliable internet connection at home – this needs to be a minimum of 10mbs per second.
- Starting salary – £20,575
- After 6 months increase to £21,575 (subject to passing 6-month review)
- After 12 months – increase to £22,575 (subject to passing 12-month review)
- We are looking for Customer Call Operator candidates who have the following:
- GCSE grade C in Maths & English or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a Telephone based Customer Services role.
- Experience of using Microsoft packages such as Word, Outlook, Excel & Teams.
- Experience of using databases.
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative whilst operating as a committed team member, including some Hybrid/Home working.
- Ability to cope with competing demands, sometimes in stressful conditions and to prioritise tasks effectively under pressure, whilst maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to show empathy and compassion towards the client.
- Strong communication skills in all forms and the ability to empathise with vulnerable customers, putting customers the heart of everything you do.
- Demonstrable ability to learn control software and database packages quickly and effectively.
- Enjoy working at pace and with colleagues across the business.
- Have a passion for continuous improvement and developing yourself and others.
- Like making decisions and love having accountability.
- Enjoy using new technology and digital & data solutions.
- Ability to give and receive constructive. feedback.
- Have a flexible approach to work to support the 24/7/365 operation.
- Full training
- 35 hour working week (full time)
- Enhanced 5% employer contribution defined contribution pension.
- Life Insurance, 1-time annual salary (additional 3 times annual salary if in the pension scheme)
- Access to a health cash plan
- Hybrid agile working arrangements
- Annual celebration of People and Business success
- Recognition scheme, with both financial and non-financial rewards
- Opportunities to develop and grow skills and experience.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Colleague Benefits Platform
- Ongoing Learning and Development
- Paid time off for volunteering
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV to Connaught Resourcing as soon as possible.
Connaught Resourcing operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. Connaught Resourcing will carry out background checks including referencing and where required an Enhanced or Standard DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.